[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
New platform supported: Android  XML
Forum Index » Bloove News

Admin

We have added Android to the list of already supported smart phone platforms.

Following features are available for any phone based on Android 2.x:
* contact management, including custom labels, multiple field instances, contact pics, and contact groups;
* ability to move contacts between phone and Bloove Contact Archive. For example, you can convert a local phone contact to Google-synced contact;
* SMS Sent, SMS Inbox and Phone call logs, with Bloove Archive feature which automatically stores items deleted on the phone into our service;
* ability to send SMS and initiate calls without touching you phone.

And of course, you can get all premium features for Android too:
* copy contacts and messages from any supported phone (j2me, Windows Mobile, Nokia S60, SonyEricsson UIQ) to Android, and vice versa. So you can migrate from your old phone to the new one;
* backup and restore contacts and messages if your phone was lost or stolen, including cross-platform backup/restore;
* scheduled syncs, so you will have most recent snapshot of your valuable data in our service;
* access to your SMS messages using any client via POP3 protocol.

To get Bloove Agent for your Android, open bloove.com/m in the browser on your mobile phone and select download link.

Basic use of Bloove is absolutely free. Premium features cost as little as $5/month (Basic yearly plan). Please see details at http://www.bloove.com/en/site/features

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/04/2011 14:50:12

Thanks,
Mike Noskov
[Email] [WWW]
Lillyanne

I'm happy that the Android version has been released.

However, it seems that only phone and Google contacts are shown on the Web UI. I noted the absence of contacts created under the Sony Ericsson SyncML profile.

Is there a chance you might provide access to Sony Ericsson contacts? Unfortunately, I only use Sony Ericsson Sync to create and archive my contacts. In Android 2.1, multiple profiles create duplicate items in the contact entry, which I find tedious.

Android 2.1 on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.

Many thanks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 28/12/2010 08:41:06

Tech_support

I think it's possible but we need your help to test. Btw, is this contact list the same (contact fields etc) as phone contact list?
[WWW] [ICQ]
Lillyanne

Yes, the contact fields are the same on all profiles (phone, Google, Sony Ericsson and Facebook), the only difference is Sony Ericsson will sync contacts' pictures as well, while Google does not. I am also willing to help you test. Please let me know how we can connect

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 29/12/2010 05:47:07

Tech_support

Please try to sync again and let us know if syncml contact list appeared and you can create, update and delete contacts.
[WWW] [ICQ]
Lillyanne

Sony Ericsson contacts are now visible. Thank you!

I can add, delete and edit contacts and the changes are reflected on the phone.

Something that doesn't seem to work right, though. When I killed Agent on the phone, the phone status on the Web doesn't change to offline, or there seems to be a long delay. When I hit refresh, it says "Synchronizing contacts for SonyEricsson X10..." and stays that way. It's a good idea to show Web status as offline as soon as Agent is force stopped.

It would also help if there is an icon on the phone's notification area to remind user that Agent is running in the background.

Again, thank you, and hopefully we'll have the correct phone status soon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/12/2010 15:18:29

Lillyanne

Additionally, I occasionally get a "sync problem" pop-up on the phone, even though contacts, messages, logs seem to be properly synced.

Screencap: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7484413/blooveagent-errsync.png

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 30/12/2010 15:26:03

Admin

Lillyanne wrote:Sony Ericsson contacts are now visible. Thank you!

I can add, delete and edit contacts and the changes are reflected on the phone.

Thank you very much for your tests.

Lillyanne wrote:
Something that doesn't seem to work right, though. When I killed Agent on the phone, the phone status on the Web doesn't change to offline, or there seems to be a long delay. When I hit refresh, it says "Synchronizing contacts for SonyEricsson X10..." and stays that way. It's a good idea to show Web status as offline as soon as Agent is force stopped.

Could you please clarify, why and how did you kill Agent? Anyway, online/offline status is controlled by periodical polls from Agent, and it is checked with timeout of 5-10 minutes, so it is ok that it displayed with some delay.

Lillyanne wrote:
It would also help if there is an icon on the phone's notification area to remind user that Agent is running in the background.

Nice idea, we'll try to add it the future versions.

Lillyanne wrote:
Additionally, I occasionally get a sync error pop-up on the phone, but things seem to be all right on the Web UI.

We are planning to release new version which contains a lot of minor fixes today. This pop-up should be fixed as well. Please report if it will be repeatable after update.

Thanks,
Mike Noskov
[Email] [WWW]
astrodiva

Hi,

This is Lillyanne posting from my account for Android.

Could you please clarify, why and how did you kill Agent? Anyway, online/offline status is controlled by periodical polls from Agent, and it is checked with timeout of 5-10 minutes, so it is ok that it displayed with some delay.

Since I am inclined to multi-task, I use a task manager with auto-kill feature to manage memory and battery usage. For the test, I added Agent to the auto-kill list and set it to activate 3 minutes after the screen goes off. Agent was terminated, though Web status continued to show phone as online.

This was before you mentioned Agent timing out 5-10 minutes. Since Agent was force-closed at 3 minutes, there was a delay before the phone status changed to Offline.

No issue here, then. Thank you for clarifying.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/12/2010 10:08:30

astrodiva

Thank you, too, for considering my previous suggestion of adding an icon on the phone's notification area when Agent is running.

If it isn't too much to ask, perhaps a Keep-alive option to prevent the phone from going into stand-by while Agent is running. This is useful when the phone is plugged into mains and user wishes to keep the connection always on. In this regard, the notification icon mentioned above would really come in handy.
Tech_support

Thank you for good suggestions and Happy New Year!

Just want to clarify that Agent keeps power and wifi lock while running so phone should not go to stand-by mode.
[WWW] [ICQ]
astrodiva

Sorry for the late posting, but I had to uninstall Agent from my X10 because it wouldn't let me send text messages from the phone after the client exits. I keep getting "Could not send" error when trying to send SMS.

Uninstalling the client fixed the "Could not send" problem.

Please fix. I will reinstall later versions to find out if this issue is resolved. Meanwhile, I'm using MyPhoneExplorer which does not disable phone's SMS capability. However, I still prefer Bloove because it does not require phone to be in USB debugging mode, as MyPhoneExplorer needs this in order to establish a connection with the desktop client.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 29/01/2011 07:49:59

Tech_support

astrodiva wrote:Sorry for the late posting, but I had to uninstall Agent from my X10 because it wouldn't let me send text messages from the phone after the client exits. I keep getting "Could not send" error when trying to send SMS.

I just checked sms sending on X10 (yes, we've recently bought this model for testing), I can't reproduce your problem, everything is working fine.
[WWW] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Bloove News
Go to: